Monday, September 12, 2011

SEE MISS UNIVERSE 2011



The 25-year-old Lopes is Angola's first winner. She beat out 88 other competitors to win the title during the 60th anniversary of the world's biggest beauty pageant. She replaces last year's winner, Ximena Navarrete of Mexico.
"Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing," Lopes said when asked her interview question. "I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life."
The first runner-up was 23-year-old Olesia Stefanko of Ukraine and the second runner-up was Priscila Machado of Brazil. The third was Miss Philippines and the fourth Miss China.
Earlier, India's dry run at the Miss Universe contest continued as Vasuki Sunkavalli failed to make it to the final 16 at the Miss Universe 2011 contest here.
India hasn't won the crown since 2000. It was model-turned actress Lara Dutta who had won the crown for India in that year.
The 27-year-old Miss India was disappointed as she could not pose in her national costume because it was not delivered on time. Vasuki couldn't be shot in her national costume because it seems to have been held up for over a week at the Brazilian customs department.

No comments:

Post a Comment